We've all done it - forgotten our password. Read on to learn how to change your VeVe account password.
Changing your VeVe password is relatively straightforward, but it's important to make sure you do it properly and use a strong, unique password that can't be easily guessed.
Do you really need to change your password?
- Wait 20 minutes and try to log in again. You may have been locked out temporarily for trying too many times
- Make sure you're using the LATEST 2FA code you've been sent by email - check the time of the message, as some mail programs group similar messages together. You can only use each code once. Read more about 2FA here.
- Make sure you type in your email address and password, don't paste them from anywhere else. Make sure there are no spaces in either.
- Try changing a few letters of your email address to UPPERCASE
- Try disabling your VPN, or switching from WiFi to mobile data (or vice versa)
Still need to change your password? Follow these steps.
Please read our guide on choosing a secure password here.
Watch the video
- Open the VeVe app on your phone
- Tap the LOGIN button
- Tap the "Forgot Password" link
- Type in your email address when prompted - don't paste it from another app, and make sure there are no spaces.
- Leave the app on the password reset screen and switch to your phone's mail app.
- Check your email for the password reset link on your phone (this is important). You might need to look in your spam or junk mail folders if you can't find the email. You must open the latest password reset email - older emails won't work
- Tap the password reset link in the email (on your phone)
- Once you are back in the VeVe app, enter a new password (follow our guide here). here are some password tips:
- Don't reuse an old password
- Don't use a password you use elsewhere
- Use a mix of numbers, letters and symbols - don't include any recognisable words or dates
You should then be able to log in with your new password.