Two-factor authentication (2FA) increases the security of your VeVe account by adding an additional step of verification before important actions can take place, such as logging in.
When is 2FA needed?
- Account Access
When logging in to your VeVe account — even if somebody guesses your password, they won’t be able to access your account.
- Collectible Transfers
2FA is required to transfer digital collectibles from your account to another user.
- Gem Transfers
2FA is required when sending Gems from your account to another user.
- OMI Transfers
2FA is required when sending OMI from your account.
2FA for all VeVe Accounts
As your account security is a priority for us, 2FA is enabled for all users. For more information on how to keep your VeVe account secure, please read this article on VeVe Account Security.
How does 2FA work?
When triggering any of the aforementioned actions, you will be prompted to enter a 6 digit code before proceeding. The code will be emailed to the email address associated with your VeVe account.
- You will be presented with a pop-up box asking you to check your registered email account.
- The email will contain a 6 digit code
- Enter the code into the app
That’s it! Once you enter the verification code you can continue enjoying VeVe.
- I didn’t get my 2FA code email — Wait a few minutes for the email to arrive. If after a few minutes you do not receive a 2FA email please check your spam folders and be sure to add email@example.com to your address book.
- In the event you do not receive the email, please wait at least 30 seconds and tap ‘resend email’ in the VeVe app to send a new code.
- 2FA codes expire after 2 minutes
- Note: You must use the most recent code that you received in order to confirm and approve your transactions.
- If you cannot resolve the problem with the steps above, contact VeVe Support
- In the first rollout of 2FA, email confirmation is the only available option
- In a future update, additional 2FA options, such as Google Authenticator, will also become available.