The VeVe app uses a number of 3D and AR technologies that are in constant development but may not always be 100% compatible with your device.
3D and Augmented Reality (AR) technologies are evolving fast, and the VeVe team are working hard to maximise the compatibility of our collectible viewing system - including the Showroom and the AR features - but they might not always be 100% compatible with every device.
How do I know if my phone is compatible?
Most modern phones with AR feature have some degree of compatibility with VeVe's 3D models and the AR environment, but this can be affected by which version of your phone's operating system you have installed, how much memory and free space you have, and so on.
We recommend always keeping your phone's software up-to-date (Android or iOS), and making sure you have the latest version of the VeVe app, which gets updated often.
If you're an Android user, Google has released a list of AR-compatible devices here: https://developers.google.com/ar/devices You can use this list to see if your phone is compatible.
In the coming months, we'll be releasing updates to the VeVe app which change the AR 3D experience as follows:
- Some of the world's best AR and Unity engineers will work with us to re-engineer the experience to make it smoother and more compatible with older phone models
- We'll release updates to our 3D models to fix any issues and make them load more efficiently
- We'll add the ability for VeVe to detect whether your phone supports AR at all, and if it doesn't, turn that feature off, so you'll be able to enjoy VeVe even if you can't see the models in AR
- We'll be fixing issues with existing devices as we encounter them
What can I do if my collectible doesn't load properly?
If you're having trouble viewing a collectible - it doesn't fully load, or the VeVe app crashes - it's possible that your phone hasn't fully downloaded the 3D model of the collectible you're trying to view. Perhaps the download was interrupted, or there were bad network conditions at the time.
It's possible to force VeVe to delete the existing 3D models from your device and download them again from our servers, to make sure you're seeing the latest version of the model, and that it has been fully downloaded. Here's how to do it:
- After logging in, go to the Profile tab
- Open Settings -> My Files and click Remove all downloaded files.
- Tap "Download all files" and ensure all files are 100% downloaded in the My Files section.
If you want to reset your Showroom:
- Tap Settings on the Collections tab icon to launch the Manage Showrooms page.
- On the Manage Showrooms page, click on the edit icon for that particular showroom
- The Edit Showrooms page is launched which allows you to Rename/Delete or modify the collectibles added to this showroom.
- You can remove stuck or lost collectibles from this page and can re-add them after entering the Showroom
You can also try:
- Making sure your device has enough free space
- Making sure your device software, and the VeVe app is up-to-date
- Restarting your device